I'm back! I have been working my butt off at the house, but I needed a break. I've been wearing my laurel top about twice a week, so I decided to give the dress a go. I did not make any alterations as the top fit perfectly, but I will admit that next time I make it it will be a bit longer. This one is definitely a non-work dress.
I used another bargain piece from Joann's that has been in my stash. I love the big floral print. This is a polyester that has a nubby outside and a super silky inside. It frayed like a beast.
I skipped the zipper again, but decided to cut it as described in case I needed to make any adjustments to the back. It was unnecessary, but next time I may grade down in the hips. The 14 on my is practically an A-line! Totally cute though.
I finished the neck with the bias binding hidden, but decided to keep it on the arm holes as an accent. I just like how it looked when I held it up, although from far away it gets lost.
My insides look almost identical to the outside except the fabric is shiny and the colors are a bit muted. Because the fabric frayed so much just while cutting it, I decided to do French seams everywhere, That seemed to solve the problem well and looks very nice. I definitely see a couple more of these in my future,